7 Tips for Managing the Holidays
It's here, the holiday season! The following tips are for those of you who want to enjoy the holidays and get into the spirit, free of stress.
1. Keep your regular schedule as much as possible. In other words, don't let extra errands and tasks push away your meditation practice or yoga class.
2. Increase self-care. That's right: slip in extra acts of kindness for yourself here and there; whether it's a few minutes or more, they add up and help us breathe through the emotional triggers. Self-care = patience, compassion, presence.
3. Center. Hand over heart. Breathe. Yes, this practice of tuning into ourselves helps us to manage stress. Keeping that connection going helps us to remember we are not alone and that we can handle anything.
4. Gratitude. Don't forget how this powerful energy of feeling grateful and appreciative helps transform any depressive thoughts. Appreciate the darkness (light up your house with candles or Christmas lights), appreciate the scents (hang up a wreath inside your house), feel and appreciate the songs you hear (Silent Night is one of my favorites). You get the idea . . .
5. Give. Take pleasure in your ability to give to others. This time of year offers all different types of ways to give, whether it be a food drive, toy drive, volunteering your time, sending a check to a charity of your choice, donating to the shelter... Giving comes in all shapes and forms as you know, but it also takes us out of our own head/negativity if there is any. Focusing on giving increases happiness.
6. Discern. Keep your Queenly self present. Don't fall victim to all of the messages to "buy buy buy" spending money you don't have or truly want to spend. Choose your activities wisely to conserve your energy rather than scatter it in places that don't serve your or your family.
7. Love. Truly the message of the season is to love. Take time to feel into your heart and send it some love. My book offers plenty of meditations for that. Whether it be self-love, demonstrating love to your family and friends, or a complete stranger; love is the answer to any hardship you may have.
I am always here if you need some individual support/attention. To make an appointment for life coaching, call me here: (805) 748-9822. firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of love! Injoy!